Patricia Bennett

Instagram

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Wedding and Reception at the Engineers Club, painted by Patricia Bennett May 25, 2014

Wedding and Reception at the Engineers Club, painted by Patricia Bennett May 25, 2014
Congratulations to the Bride and Groom!

I arrived at noon to begin painting.  The mother of the bride showed me where the ceremony would be and explained the set-up for the reception: the wedding and reception were in adjoining rooms, so I could paint both, I just needed to move my easel about 50 feet.  The bride wanted the focus to be on the celebration, so I placed the ceremony on the far right, rather than centering it.  We found a nook in the courtyard where I could set-up to paint the ceremony and the coordinator quickly moved a giant potted plant for me.

Next, I did a few sketches in my notebook to decide on composition: how to combine the wedding with the reception space, and how to make the rectangular room fit on the canvas.  Then I began with the reception room: absolutely gorgeous and covered with gold leaf.  An hour before the wedding ceremony, I moved my easel into the courtyard, also stunning, and painted the Chuppah.  After painting the ceremony, I moved my easel back into the reception room and painted through the rest of the evening.

Really really great party and celebration, very joyous, great food.  The Event Planner was Mango Productions, Rachel Fineberg did a great job.  The coordinator for the Engineers Club was also great: very helpful, very efficient, friendly.

The Engineers Club is stunning and used to be someone's house/palace.  The House of Cards TV show is filmed there sometimes.  It has to be seen to be believed!

No comments:

Post a Comment