Patricia Bennett

Instagram

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Wedding Reception at the Grand Lodge, Hunt Valley, October 19, 2013 by Patricia Bennett


Congratulations to the lovely couple


Wedding Reception at the Grand Lodge, Hunt Valley, October 19, 2013 by Patricia Bennett
This was my first time at the Masonic Grand Lodge in Hunt Valley.  The room was stunning.  I arrived at 2:30, and met Mr. Levine, the very busy caterer.  Then I quickly set up in the ballroom.  There were 13 absolutely over the top gold chandeliers, and wall detailing and herring bone floors.  Two ladies arrived and set up gorgeous flower bouquets on tall vases.  The bride and groom had their own table, which was very special.  Chairs were green and gold.

June Soh, a photo-journalist from Voice of America arrived a couple of hours later.

June Soh contacted me in the spring of 2013 with the desire to do a story on Live Event Painting.  When she first called me, I thought she was trying to sell me a television set, but she explained that Voice of America is a government entity that does human-interest stories.  She asked me to find a couple who would let her film me painting their reception.  Later, June also wanted to film the hanging of the painting as well.  I looked June Soh up on the internet: she is very well-regarded and has won very prestigious awards.  Also, her stories are very good and genuinely interesting.  I felt that this could be a benefit for the bride, especially if they didn't already have a videographer.  So, I mentioned this to the bride, a day before her wedding.  She called June and spoke to her, and decided to do it.

It was a lovely evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment