Patricia Bennett

Instagram

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Betsy Robinson Bridal Boutique Live Painting



Betsy Robinson Bridal Collection live painting, by Patricia Bennett

Betsy Robinson's salon is voted #1 in the Mid-Atlantic Region of Brides’ Magazine, and many brides whose weddings that I paint purchase their gowns from Betsy Robinson.  The mother of the bride whose wedding I was to paint that Saturday came into the store to pick up her gown while I was painting at Betsy's, by coincidence.

Betsy Robinson asked me to do a painting of her store.  This was a great honor for me.  She wanted, "a day in the life of" her store.  She especially wanted the seamstresses to be in the painting and her longest employees.  The seamstresses are in the back of the store, diligently fitting dresses.  They do extensive work by hand, including beading.  It is highly skilled work.  

The painting was begun on May 2, 2015 when Betsy Robinson's store had a trunk show of Waters and Thomas Knoell.  Thomas Knoell was there, a very nice person.  In the center of the painting is his display of jewelry for brides.  That day I put in the store and established a color harmony.  I returned several times to clean things up.  I also photographed the key people to add.  Betsy got permission from a future bride who was being fitted to be photographed by me, and she was added to the right corner, with Rose "pinning" her.  

The painting has taken almost two months to complete.  It is very complex, with figures added to the foreground and recognizable faces.  I got advice from my artist friends Jackie and Palden Hamilton and Brandon Flye at the Zoll Studio for composition and color.  

No comments:

Post a Comment