Patricia Bennett

Instagram

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Wedding at Cylburn

Cylburn Wedding, worked on afterwards, 24x36, Patricia Bennett


Cylburn Wedding, 24x36, Patricia Bennett


I painted a charming afternoon wedding at Cylburn today, where I am the 2013 Artist in Residence.

The ceremony and reception took place in the Mansion's elegant "White"room between 2:30 and 4:30 pm.   I stood in front of a priceless white marble fireplace with my paints and canvas.

I plan to add details to the painting of the moulding and four golden candelabras in the room, which overlooks Cylburn's "lawn".

The caterers were the owners of a nice coffee shop/book store on Hartford Road called "The Red Canoe".  They tried to feed me during the event, which was very thoughtful.

Outside the weather was chilly, but daffodils, cherry blossoms, and heliotropes were happily flowering.







No comments:

Post a Comment