Patricia Bennett

Instagram

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cylburn Mansion Staircase Painting, First Sitting and figure drawing

First Sitting Cylburn Staircase painting, Patricia Bennett, 18x24
 Yesterday I went to Cylburn Mansion with my paints and had a couple of hours to start this painting.

I've been thinking about this painting for a while, and my goal this sitting was to get the basic architecture in, and a feeling for the light.

Olga, charcoal, 18x24, Patricia Bennett
 This is a second charcoal of our model at the Zoll studio.  She is quite lovely and sits very still.  She has tattoos of butterflies on her chest.
Greeting Card of "Kitties Van Gogh" 
I sent two of these out yesterday, they are on cotton, textured paper, 3.5x5 inches.  My sister has the actual painting: those are her beloved cats, Bijou and Boodlers.  Bijou likes to hug Boodlers, and Boodlers isn't sure about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment